Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Jesus Dare


SO we have been challenged this week at First Baptist, Albion to spend the week with Jesus. I trust that God does some awesome stuff in your mind, heart, and life this week. Here are the options we chose from to follow through with our lesson in John 5, will you complete this "Jesus Dare"?

Three options to choose from for The Dare:
Option #1 Set aside specific time with Him
Option #2 Do something out of the norm that He did; ask Him what you can do for Him
Option #3 Study Him this week: Choose to read one of His sermons, one of His prayers, one of His miracles, and Matthew 27 His death.

Here is what I sent to the friend who is holding me accountable this week, consider it as a path for you too.

One sermon –
Sermon                    John passage                Related passage
Bread of Heaven      6:26-58                        John 8:12-59
Light of the world     8:12-59                        John 6:26-58
The good shepherd   9:35-10:21                   Luke 15:1-10
Son of God              10:22-39                      Matthew 25:31-46
Upper room discourse 13:1-17:26                Matthew 26:26-35

One prayer –
        Matthew 6:9 – The Model prayer
        John 17 – The Lord’s prayer in the garden

One miracle –
       Not that many more mentioned in John – found that interesting
       John 9:1 The Blind Man
       Many others to choose from here.

Matthew 27

Let me know which ones we are going to study, looking forward to it. By the way – outside of Monday, I will be having a meeting with Jesus at 6am with coffee in hand. Check me on it though as we go through the week."

The corresponding message for this can be found at www.fbcalbion.com after Monday evening.

4 comments:

  1. Doing them all. Looking forward to hear how Jesus moves among His people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got done having coffee, studying Jesus share about the LIght of the World, and talking to Him - pretty awesome reading the passage in JOhn 8 and then as he wraps up teaching such scandalous truths - he becomes invisible and just passes through the crowd - that's my Lord - and that's who I got to talk to this morning as I sipped my coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning with Jesus - Coffee and John 9 - the miracle of a blind man who was given sight. Amazing seeing in one chapter how seemless and consistent Jesus was with compassion and rebuke - remembering there are times where I need one more than the other. Prayer -"So Jesus when I need your rebuke - give it to me so I can advance your transformative work in me, Thank you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be back with an observation, since I missed Sunday's service I missed this challenge but I'll begin with # 3 today since I have been doing #1 already (regularly meeting with God in His word). Yesterday was great the Hebrews just got set free from Pharoah after the ten plagues, whew, I am glad thats over. It took three weeks to read through it in my devo book, the chains of bondage were finally released, it made me think of my bondage from sin.Today they are getting thier instructions on celebrating the passover. God had a plan for them, to do everything just as He instructed and to pass it on over the generations. The Isrealites(Hebrews) would have had to have been very maticulious people to carry on these traditions so well, for so long. I can not even imagine. I know they had thier problems but the stroies are alive and well today. I praise God for their ability to stay true throughout the years.It leads us into the greatest stories ever told in the New Testament.Amazing.I'll get started with your dare and get back.Plan : Serom: Discourse in the Upper room. Prayer:The Lord's Prayer model, Miracle:...still thinking. His death Matthew 27

    ReplyDelete