Thursday, January 2, 2014

Mark 2: Great friends and and an all powerful presence



I have always loved this passage. The power on display, but more than that, the priority Jesus places on forgiveness of sin and eternal Benefits than physical healing and temporary gain. Oh and Jesus the mind reader too.

Sometimes we overlook the faith and friendship of the 4
men in this account. My prayer today is that I would be a friend like the ones here, ultimately bringing afriend closer to Jesus.

Verse 17 reminds me that there are days where I must appear to God like a self dependent snob. Thinking I am fine without him or his help,that's when I am at my sickest state.the final thought as I finished the chapter was that I have the treasured opportunity of living in the presence of this powerful God today.  He resides in me through the Holy Ghost: may I sense him today: moving, directing, revealing, empowering, convicting, and making me be moved in faith to trust him for......

No comments:

Post a Comment